? ??????????????Stars and Space? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.5 (182 Ratings)??59 Grabs Today. 9736 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Hot Pink Roses? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.9 (163 Ratings)??55 Grabs Today. 16426 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, November 23, 2009

Delicious....yuuummmmm

I have skipped the section on twitter as it is blocked by IT.  Have asked for it to be un-blocked so hopefully can return to it later.

During the last lot of training I set up a delicious account for our library ( delicious.com/gosfordlibrary ) and encouraged all staff to add bookmarks. In the past we used to send out emails telling other staff about great sites we have found - now we can just add them to delicious and share.

While some people have embraced this, others are a bit grumpy that I am removing our "weblinks" web page - it is difficult to keep up-to-date, and also does not allow for easy input from other staff.  Some people embrace new things; others resist.  I hope that once we have shown everyone how easy it is, they will become familiar with using it.


I have just spent a few minutes re-organising some of our delicious tags into tag bundles.  I can see that this will be very handy as our site grows and becomes more unwieldy.

I also did some searching using the delicious.com/tag/ search - I have only ever used the search  box or the explore tags option, so it is good to know an alternative.

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Great to hear about how you are already using delicious, and you plans for the future.

Ellen