? ??????????????Stars and Space? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.5 (182 Ratings)??59 Grabs Today. 9736 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Hot Pink Roses? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.9 (163 Ratings)??55 Grabs Today. 16426 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

YouTube in Libraries

The video "Your Library is Open Late Too" was really good - not too staid and boring like some library videos. I think we would need to be careful about what kind of videos we put up on YouTube etc and try to steer clear of being too serious! I also thought the barbie book reviews was a good idea.

Some ideas for use in libraries:

  • oral histories
  • advertising events
  • demonstrating use of various resources in the library

I also think you would need to edit your video well and make sure it was not too long. I am using broadband yet still some of these videos took ages to load. I don't think the general internet public has enough patience to wait a long time!

It is also very easy to get distracted on YouTube and follow all sorts of links - what a time waster! (In a fun way!)

1 comments:

Lil bit country said...

I agree, we should keep it interesting to get the attention of our potential clients.