This is great! I can sit and wait for the info to come to me!
I found it very easy to create my bloglines account, had a bit of trouble adding my first feed but my colleague over at Just Google It ,who is ahead of me in the program, helped me out and I was up and running in 2 minutes or so.
I must say those "...in plain English" videos on YouTube are fantastic. They really explain the concepts in a way that is easy to understand.
So...what do I like about RSS and Newsreaders?
It is so easy!! Once you've created the feed you will never have to trawl through all those sites again.
How can Libraries use RSS?
We actually have a feature in our Library management system (Libero) for customers to create an RSS feed to their member record. They will instantly know when their books are overdue or if a reserve has come in.
Other uses I can think of would be to have a youth site and then youth could choose to be updated on coming events...or for that matter our monthly newsletter could be set up so people could feed it into their reader....Oh now I'm getting carried away!!
Some sites I've added to bloglines:
- USA Today Books
- Wine Australia
- World Foodie Guide
- London Foodie in New York
- Entertainment section of SMH- for gossip!
I found some of the blogs through the Advanced search of Google blogs because I could look for my search term in the blog title instead of post title and it cut down on all the unrelated stuff.
Can't wait to explore this more!

1 comments:
Signing up to a reader is challenging.
I still haven't had a verification email from Bloglines
Post a Comment