Found it interesting to learn the difference between Facebook and MySpace. A MySpace account would be great for marketing our events, especially youth events, as it sends out bulletins to everyone who has registered as a "friend". It would also be a good way of reaching out to people who have never thought to come to a library or who are unaware of the wonderful programmes we run.
It was also interesting to see the popularity of different programmes in different countries, so if you want to market something in France, don't bother doing it on Facebook!
Tried joining up with Second Life but was thwarted by our IT policy of no software downloads. So I have a profile now, but can't actually look at anything. I would try on my home computer but I have the world's slowest dial-up connection (yes I am still living in the stone age!)
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Social Networks
Posted by PJ at 11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment