? ??????????????Stars and Space? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.5 (182 Ratings)??59 Grabs Today. 9736 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Hot Pink Roses? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.9 (163 Ratings)??55 Grabs Today. 16426 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Week 5: wikis

In a public library situation I think a subject guide wiki would be a great idea. We could put common reference questions/school assignments and resources we have found useful on the subject guide wiki and thus share our findings and not re-invent the wheel every time!

I also liked the idea of the procedures manual on the web because of ease of access, but my main concern with this would be unauthorised people changing things they shouldn't! I guess this would be an instance where you would limit who had access and who had update permissions.

There is certainly a wealth of information on the Library Success wiki. I have bookmarked this to explore later on when I have some more time.

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Good thoughts about wikis. Lots of potential I think, for work groups as well as our customers.

How many sleeps till your holiday now?

Victoria