? ??????????????Stars and Space? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.5 (182 Ratings)??59 Grabs Today. 9736 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????????????????Hot Pink Roses? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.9 (163 Ratings)??55 Grabs Today. 16426 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get t BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Learning 2.0 - my first blog post

Welcome to my blog, which has been created as part of the NSW Public Libraries Learning 2.0 course!

This is not my first foray into blogging. Our information services team uses a blog to share information, tips, tools and news with all the staff of our library service. We have enjoyed putting our posts on the blog, but I hope this training will encourage other staff to start commenting and sharing using the blog as well.

I have looked at quite a few of the "2.0" tools in the past few months eg. creating a wiki for a regional disaster management committee, putting my personal holiday photos on picasa, playing around with flickr mashups etc. However, I still feel I have a lot to learn, and lots of areas where I haven't got a clue!

I must say that one of my favourite concepts with the Library 2.0 and 23 things is the concept of lifelong learning. Personally I "learn by doing" (making lots of mistakes along the way!) so it is good to see this is a valid and useful way of learning!

Looking forward to seeing what the next few weeks bring!

1 comments:

The Empty Nest said...

Hi Pegasus,
I totally agree with learning by doing and making mistakes that's how I do it. Isn't wonderful that now it is a legitimate style of learning.
ciao